*Note: Character classes are listed as of version 1.1.7. Content is subject to change.
There are six classes to choose from
- Barbarian: Focuses on high STR, VIT, and damage.
- Paladin: Focuses on INT and WIS with an emphasis on healing ability. A good choice for beginners.
- Assassin: Focuses on DEX, with an emphasis on dodging and repositioning.
- Wizard: Focuses on INT and WIS, with an emphasis applying enemy statuses.
- Druid: Focuses on INT, with an emphasis on marking enemies to cause extra damage.
- Ranger: Focuses on marking enemies, critical hits and dodging.
Each class has their own attributes that make them unique to themselves, as well as different personalities with respective stats. To choose your class, type the number listed next to your desired class name, and press [Enter]. You will then be able to view the perks of your chosen class. If you wish to choose again, enter [A] to go back. To learn more about each character, visit Character Profile
You will then be able to name your character and choose a gender. This has no (?) effect on your character.
Augments are powerful customization options that are very rarely found during normal gameplay, ONLY in Classic mode. Your chance to find one is doubled on Inferno difficulty, and doubled on Monster Power level 5. By default you will have no augments.
Selecting a DifficultyEdit
- Classic: No respawns, death is permanent. Max Item Drop Rate. The only thing that carries over between games is your shared stash at the tavern.
- Softcore: Death is just a MAJOR setback. -20% Item Drop Rate, no chance to find Augments. The player loses all gold on death.
- Lunatic: No respawns. Death is permanent. MAX +10% Item Drop Rate
- Survival: See how many battles you can win.
Selecting Race/Place of OriginEdit
Race selecting can put your character in an advantage against certain enemies For example, the Steadfast Sonite can have better healing power over long battles compared to other classes. There are numerous possibilities to choose from with some races complimenting a specific class better than other races.
Visit this page to learn more about each race.